Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When The Music Fades

"Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him!" Psalm 68:4 ESV

At first it was overwhelming. The sheer volume. There were so many calls, texts, online messages and cards that came in almost daily. It was truly a blessing that so many people cared.

I know the outpouring was genuine, but it has subsided quite a bit. Now I mainly hear from people I see and then the few people that have been there all along that still check on me.

When the music fades or when things in life seem to quiet down with whatever you are going through, what do you do?

Well, with everything that I have been through in the past six months, I am going to choose to sing! Maybe not literally, but I will make His name known!

He is the one that rode with me through the desert! I want to be a light to those around me. I want others that are battling cancer, or having chemo to know there is hope. I want those that have an illness, are going through a divorce, or just can't shake feeling that the glass is half-empty to know that even if there aren't people in your life cheering you on, sending you cards, or checking up on you, the One that created you cares for you and loves you!

My prayer for you is that as the music fades you would "lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts" with you. He has been there all along so sing praise! Begin to focus on someone or something else. Ask God to put someone in your path that needs encouragement or help through her desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?