Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Look Back

"Generation after generation stands in awe of your work; each one tells stories of your mighty acts." Psalm 145:4 MSG

Wow, it has been a crazy, busy, scary, exhausting roller-coaster of ride these past eleven months. I am working on gaining strength and endurance, but do find that I get tired and have to manage how I am feeling so that I don't wear out to quickly.

I found a lump in my armpit the other day and contacted my doctor. I will admit I was a little freaked out about it. My oncologist sent me to my surgeon to have an ultrasound. It turns out that it was a hair follicle that is infected. Prior to getting in with the doctor I heard a song by: Elevation Worship; "I Will Look Up" the lyrics struck a chord. (http://youtu.be/tEQnoE7SnZw)

"All the worries of this world, I will lay them at your feet
Surrender every anxious thought, For perfect peace...
Oh the loved ones I hold dear, All my hopes and dreams and all my fears
I will choose to trust your name, In everything...

I will look up for there is none above you, I will bow down to tell you that I need you
Jesus, Lord of all...
I will take you at your word, Jesus you have taken hold of me
All my life is in your hands, You're my strength...

I will look back and see that you are faithful, I look ahead believing you are able
Jesus, Lord of all...

Prince of Peace, Perfect Healer
All my life, all my cares on you
King of Kings, Mighty Savior
All my life, all my cares on you...

Prince of Peace
Perfect Healer
All my life, all my cares on you
King of Kings
Mighty Savior
All my life, all my cares on you..."

As I went to the doctor I had so many thoughts and feelings going on. I was hoping and praying it wouldn't be cancer. I thought about having to do chemo and lose my hair again and how exhausting the whole process would be again. So I chose to look back and recount the faithfulness of God. I also thought about the future and knew that no matter what the outcome that he would be faithful. He cares for me! I will tell the stories of his mighty, faithful acts! 

My prayer for you that as you journey through life and whatever struggles you may have that when at the lowest point or highest peak you would be able to pause for a moment to reflect on the faithfulness of God and realize that He will see you through the next thing you face. I have learned to trust God and I laugh at the hard stuff because I know He will see me through! He will see you through too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?