Monday, September 1, 2014

Consistency

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8 NLT

They say that consistency is key...sometimes I think the only think I am consistent about is being inconsistent!

I have moved 15 times, been to 10 churches, had too many cars to count (so many that recently I decided I should lease that way I could change cars every two years). I've had numerous jobs and tried several home businesses. 
I have been consistent at my marriage to my husband of over 21 years and well I think that's it!

I was talking with a friend about this the other day and I felt like this was an area of weakness and that I needed to work harder at being consistent. I felt that The Lord wanted me to write about this and the above verse came to mind. Jesus is my constant. He has been there the whole time! Every move, every car, every church, every high and every low. I believe from my inconsistency God used that to propel me. I am not afraid of change, people, failure, etc. 

So going forward I will not worry about my inconsistencies, or idiosyncrasies I will remember the words in this song and the faithfulness of my God.
 
"If You can use anything Lord, You can use me
Take my hands Lord and my feet
Touch my heart Lord, speak through me
If You can use anything Lord, You can use me..." 
Use Me by: The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

My prayer for you is that whether you are consistent and don't like change, or change is your middle name that you would see the consistency of the one that spoke the world into existence and has been there for you all along. Jesus loves you and is crazy about you! He doesn't change and  he is waiting for you to ask him to be part of your life and your journey and allow him to walk with you through everything. I am thankful for His consistency these past eleven months and really my whole life! He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. I am Thankful that I have met you Beki...I struggle and I rebel and I fight and I cry and I laugh and I do not take the time to remember that God is on my side. I stopped to read your blog.....now I stop to remember God is on my side. So simple. :)

    ReplyDelete

Traditions - Change?