Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Glass Is Half Empty

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 NLT

If you say your glass is half empty you are considered a pessimist (someone who is more negative). If you say your glass is half full you are considered an optimist (someone who is more positive). Sometimes it doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full its has vinegar in it and well it stinks. Such is life. 

Overall I am a pretty positive person and have been even told I minimize things. I will look at a situation and know that its not good, but can also see that it could have been worse. When we minimize our pain, our suffering or whatever we are going through we minimize the work that Christ does in our lives.  

So I will say with great confidence that my glass is half empty. With this in mind The God of all hope can fill me completely! I am empty without his joy and peace in my life. I need to trust him with every detail not worrying how big or small it might be. Every detail in our life matters to the one that created us.

My prayer for you is that whether you find your glass half empty or half full that you would allow God to fill you all the way up!  You can trust him to be your hope, your joy, your peace and so much more! Don't minimize what you are going through it may just stink, but God can and will give you the hope you need to not only walk with you through the situation but to bring you out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?