Sunday, January 7, 2018

Joy ~ Unspeakable

Joy: “The emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation” 
~Webster

When diagnosed with breast cancer we made a conscious effort and bold declaration to laugh at hard things. We didn’t do this as a mockery or to be offensive, but to decide to find humor and joy even during our trial. 
It’s an Unspeakable joy. One others don’t understand. 

“Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:”
1 Peter 1:8 KJV

To me this is part of faith. We have faith and believe that God exists even though we can’t see him in the flesh. With this in mind we choose to rejoice in and through our hardships believing that God is in control! 

This is not always easy...life is hard and trials seem to come and go like the waves in the ocean. There are days when I literally sat out loud “God if you love me ...” or “God do you hear me? Or even care?” I have to remember what the Bible says and some of my favorite verses. 

“I’ve picked you. I haven’t dropped you.’ Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.”
Isaiah 41:10 MSG

“I’ll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.””
Matthew 28:20 MSG

When you choose joy in spite of what your going through it makes life bearable. Being negative, sad or wallowing in your trial takes more time and energy. When you choose joy, people want to know why. This is a perfect opportunity to point them to Christ! 

My prayer for 2018 is that we continue to find joy in all things! My prayer for you is that no matter what you are going through that you would be able to find joy. Joy comes from remembering what you have been brought through, and understanding what can come out of what your going through. God is able to get you through your biggest trial and give you joy for the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?