Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bracelet From Molly

"Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity."
1 Timothy 4:12 NLT

Molly is in the sixth grade and attends the same church that we do. She is sweet, has the face of an angel and a smile that can light the room. Molly's mom messaged me one day and said "Molly would like to know, what is your favorite color?" I told her that I really like blue, but under my new circumstances, I am trying to embrace pink. A few days passed and I got a picture message of a blue and pink embroidery bracelet and then a text that stated Molly made one for me, herself and her mom. Molly and her mom were using them as prayer bracelets, a reminder to pray for me! About three weeks after my surgery, Molly's mom gave me my bracelet. I wear it every day! It reminds me that someone is praying for me.

Abby is a two-year old born to our family friends. Together they pray for me every night. My friend sent me a video of little Abby praying for me.

It's wonderful (and a little overwhelming!) to have so many dear people praying for me. And as I go to prayer for my own situation as well as for the needs of my friends, sometimes I don't know what exactly to pray for or what to say. When that happens, this song comes to mind.

Artist: 7eventh Time Down
Song: "Just Say Jesus"

"When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus
The name of Jesus
If the words won't come
Cause you're afraid to pray
Just say Jesus
Whisper it now or shout it out
However it comes out
He hears your cry
Out of nowhere He will come
You got to believe in it
He will rescue you
Just call out to the way
The truth, the life"

This is just a portion of the song, but rings so true. (Hear the song-official lyric video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84LSLk3hfD4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D84LSLk3hfD4.)

God knows what's on our hearts and minds before we even say it. When we verbalize those things, that's when we build relationship with Him. Prayer is powerful!

My prayer for you is that whether you are two or ninety-two, that you can take your joys, sorrows, requests and worries to Jesus. Remember, if you don't get the answer you think you are looking for or the answer you want, don't stop praying. Go back and see what God has for you in this season. God didn't take the cancer away from me, but He allowed me to walk through this journey and has held my hand the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?