Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Side Effects May Include ...

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5 NIV

I had an appointment yesterday that taught me all about chemo. Some of what I heard, I translate like this:

Side effects may include dry mouth, mouth sores, dry eyes, bloody urine or stool, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, lack of appetite and in rare cases, other cancers.

I sent this to my friend who is a chemo nurse supervisor and she replied, "Ha!!!  I know. But lucky for you, it does not include oily discharge."

This made me laugh! As I thought more about the possible side effects I am facing, my mind turned to Jesus. We are His "side effects." In fact, we caused His side to be pierced. Everything He went through, He did for us! Without us, He was the blameless, spotless Lamb Of God.

It's been a journey these past five weeks, but I know I can do anything when I hold on to Jesus!

My prayer for you is that as you go through life you would look to Jesus. You may not know why you are on your particular journey; and you may have been on your journey a long time without any answers. Know this:  If you can face your journey with a positive attitude, people will see Jesus through you and your struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?