Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Infuse This!

"But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:8a ~ AMP

While undergoing chemo, they draw blood and run tests to check your platelets, white and red blood cell counts, iron, etc. They discovered I was low on iron. My main iron level was at 19 and should be between 50 and 150. They explained that this has probably been a problem for a while, but I haven't had labs done in a while. This, however, could explain the fact that I'm always cold and tired.

We need our body to produce and maintain certain levels in order to have power and strength to do life. Since my iron was so low I had to have an infusion. I started to feel better the very next day.

In the same way, we need the Holy Spirit in our lives to give us the power to live right. I love the Amplified version for how it states that power is also ability, efficiency and might!

The dictionary defines these three words as follows:

Ability: "Power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc."
Efficiency: "Accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort."
Might: "Superior power or strength; force."

Take a look at what this means on a spiritual level...we need the Holy Spirit in our lives like iron to function fully and completely! We won't die without it, but we can't live at our full capacity without it either!

My prayer for you is that as you venture through life, you will see and understand that we need the Holy Spirit alive and active in our lives so that no matter what we are going through we will have the power we need to accomplish what the Lord has set out for us. I'm thankful that I received iron for my physical body and I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit in my life during this whole process. He is the strength of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?