Monday, November 25, 2013

Rock Star!

"And now I’m going to tell you who you are, really are. You are Peter, a rock. This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out." Matthew 16:18 MSG
Peter didn't start out like this. In fact, a lot of the time you can find him being less than stellar. I'm sure he tried Jesus' patience as well.
I can relate to Peter. I would get out of the boat even if no one else would. I would ask who, what, when, why, where? I also want to be the one who God looks at and says, "Rock. I will build on you because I know you can handle it."
While going through chemo, I told the Lord that I would love to be a rock star on this journey! If I could feel great and give God the glory, it would be a win, win!  It doesn't always work like that.
Sometimes I don't feel well and it's hard for me to be vulnerable and let others know I'm not feeling all that well. I've decided though, that it's not about how I feel, but how I handle myself. I can feel crummy, but handle others with care. That is being a rock.
My prayer for you is that as you journey through life, you will rely on the rock of your salvation to help you be a rock during and through your trials. If you let Him, God will use you and build on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?