Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hair Today ... Gone Tomorrow

"Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."
1 Peter 3:3, 4 NLT
Well, I won't have any fancy hair to worry about! I'm not saying that we as women shouldn't look nice and the Bible isn't either. I believe that it shouldn't be such a huge part of our lives that we forget that we are beautiful! We are God's handiwork! When we focus on the inside, we will naturally radiate beauty on the outside! I love to do my hair, nails and makeup. I also like to dress as nice as possible and when I do all these things, especially if I'm not feeling well, I do feel better about myself! In the same way, when we encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ, have a gentle or forgiving spirit towards others and show grace and mercy, we will sense God's grace upon our lives! People will notice that you look and feel happy. You will feel better about yourself and even in your trial, people will see Jesus through you!
My prayer for you is as you read these words that you won't get caught up in legalism about what you should or shouldn't wear, but that you would ask the Lord to clothe you with grace, mercy, kindness, empathy, etc. Hold your head high for you are a child of the king!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?