Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pull Over the Struggle Bus

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance." Romans 5:3 NLT

Oh man, this third chemo is reeking havoc on my body. I haven't felt as well this time and it's super frustrating. I think I caught a little something as well. I'm so done with all this, except I have one last treatment on January 2nd. I just want off this bus.

I have learned a lot about cancer, treatments, nurses, friendship and more. In the midst of this, I have rejoiced with other people's good news and been there for their struggles. I have learned to endure. My adventure has not been in vain and although I wish it were over, I wouldn't trade the people I've met, the things I've learned, and the hope that I have for anything. "And this hope will not lead to disappointment." Romans 5:5 a NLT

I'm struggling right now as Christmas is upon us, my daughter's basketball season is in full swing, my son is home from college, and I still have work, etc. I want to feel great and keep on keeping on. I hate having to slow down.

For all of you that have asked how I'm doing and I say good and then you ask how I'm really doing, I have been telling you the truth. Honestly, up till now, I've been good, and now I've hit a small speed bump, but it's just a bump.

My prayer for you is that as you go speeding along life's road that you would take hold of the trials, develop endurance and take hold of hope! A life with Christ still has disappointments, BUT it is not disappointing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?