Thursday, December 12, 2013

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 NIV

As a child, you reach up and hold your parent's hand. Then you grow up and reach across to hold your spouse's hand. Next, you reach down to hold your own child's hand.

During this process, I have had so many people come alongside me and hold my hand. Usually not physically holding my hand, but definitely joining me in this journey. 

My brother who lives in California sent me a text one day, "I'm reaching out my hand to hold yours. I love you!" My best friend, also in California, has been texting me on a regular basis to check on me. She sends me treats and even stayed in the hospital with me! My best friend here in Washington has come with me to every four-hour chemo treatment. My husband has hugged me, held me, shaved my head, cooked, cleaned, and has just been so amazing!

The rest of my family has also been amazing. My mother-in-law has been my chauffeur for months, which has been great. The daily chats have been awesome. Our church family has prayed and been so supportive as well!

I see people that come for treatment by themselves, and may not have a support system or it may not be good support. I know that I have been blessed with a wonderful support system and that really helps. Above all, I have a faithful Father who takes hold of my right hand and says, "Do not fear; I will help you."

My prayer for you, is that as you go through life's ups and downs, that you would take the hand of the One who formed them. He's always there and He wants to walk through all of it with you. So amazing that if we ever feel alone we can know there is a strong Hand holding ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?