Monday, December 23, 2013

Chemo ... All I NEVER wanted for Christmas

"Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse]," James1:17 AMP.

Well, this has been quite the ride! From diagnosis to surgery was two months to the day. Five weeks later was chemo treatment number one of four. Three weeks, then second chemo. I celebrated my 40th birthday, which was exactly two months after my surgery! Then came Thanksgiving, third chemo, and now it's Christmas! Whew!

As a kid growing up, I always had things I needed or wanted for Christmas. I can't think of anything I want or need this year. I don't have everything, but I'm content! I have an amazing family--husband, kids, brother, parents, and in-laws! I have a roof over my head, food to eat, friends, transportation, and the list goes on. Gifts from above!

The greatest gift I have is Jesus! He has been the best Friend I could ever ask for and a Dad when I needed Him most. He is my Provider, Comforter, Healer, and my ever present Help!

I would never wish cancer or chemo upon anyone. This last one wiped me out for a week (the one right before Christmas.) It's exhausting, but without it, disease could've had the opportunity to spread and if it wasn't caught, next Christmas could've been so different. I'm thankful that Jesus never changes and that there is no shadow, just light coming from Him.

My prayer for you this Christmas, is that you would allow Christ's light to shine in and through you; that you would know and understand His endless love for you. Wherever you are or whatever you are going through, stop for a minute and receive the greatest gift of all, Jesus!

If you would like to pray and receive Christ, just sincerely turn to God in this moment and say something like this:

"Dear Jesus, thank you for coming to earth as a baby. Thank you for growing up and dying on the cross for my sins. I admit I am a sinner and I need you to save me. I ask for your forgiveness and I receive it right now. Please wash away all my sins and make me clean. Please take over my life today. I'm giving it to you. I believe you are the Son of God, Jesus and that you rose from the dead. Thank you for the power of your Life that is now in me. Please come and live in my heart and fill me with your Spirit. Thank you, Lord, because I know you hear me and that I am changed from this moment on. Amen."

Click on this link for new believer resources and the answer to, "What to do now?": http://is.gd/DaiK2k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?