Sunday, January 17, 2010

All In ? OR !

Are you "All In?" or are you "All In!'
My pastor has used this illustration and I think about it often.

All in...your playing monopoly, poker, etc. When you have a good hand (playing for money, M&M's or just fun) you will push it to the limits and say I'm all in. With your money, reputation your stake on the game, etc.

Are you all in for the sake of Christ? Will you stake everything on the line for Christ who set you free? People always think of the callings to Africa or something so far from what God may call them to do ~ that way they are safe.
I don't feel called to Africa (at this point), however what am I called to today, tomorrow, etc.

I am called to be a follower of Christ, a good wife, a good mom, a servant in my church, disciple, etc. I am ALL in! I will go or I will stay!

Luke 21:1-4 (The Message - Bible.com)
Just then he looked up and saw the rich people dropping offerings in the collection plate. Then he saw a poor widow put in two pennies. He said, "The plain truth is that this widow has given by far the largest offering today. All these others made offerings that they'll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn't afford—she gave her all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?