Friday, January 15, 2010

Resolution!

RESOLUTION: a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. (Dictionary.com)

Did you make one for 2010? Fourteen days into the new year and someone asked me if I had made any...NO I DIDN'T!

In 2009 I resolved that I would make changes, so I did! In May we joined a gym, in September I started my weight loss process. I didn't wait until the new year to resolve what had to be done sooner!

So, if you made a resolution = good for you! If you continue with your resolve = you will achieve it! If you have already failed = get up and get back to your resolution! Do not wait another minute, day, month, or year!

James 4:17 As it is, you are full of your grandiose selves. All such vaunting self-importance is evil. In fact, if you know the right thing to do and don't do it, that, for you, is evil. (The Message ~ Bible.com)

If it's food, the next time you eat = do something different. If you are not wanting to smoke = don't! If you want to do devotions = pick up your Bible!

And, finally in the words of Yoda (Star Wars) "Do or do not, there is not try".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?