Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lavish!

lav⋅ish (Dictionary.com)
–adjective
1. expended, bestowed, or occurring in profusion: lavish spending.
2. using or giving in great amounts; prodigal (often fol. by of): lavish of his time; lavish of affection.

–verb (used with object)
3. to expend or give in great amounts or without limit: to lavish gifts on a person.

Exodus 20:6 (Bible.com)
But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.

This verse is amongst the Ten Commandments right after God said that the sins of the father would be passed down to the third and fourth generation.

I find this very interesting because I have always wanted to make choices to break the sin cycle of my ancestors, and I have done that not wanting the sins of my "father" for myself or for our children.

Making right choices and following what God has for me I can now see that I do not have to carry the burden of verse 5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.

I can trust God and to expend or give without limits his unfailing love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?