Thursday, September 5, 2013

40,000 Mile Check-Up

I've been joking a lot about the fact that I will be 40 this year.

We've had some milestones this year and I'm thankful for all of them!

Jan 6th my dad passed away and just knowing that he is safe and in good health now is a relief!
Jan 30th we celebrated our 20th anniversary!
Mar 15th our son turned 18!
Mar 31 - Apr 14 the boys went to France & Paris and the girls went to S. Africa!
Jun 7 our son graduated highschool!

Still to come:
College, daughter turns 17, birthdays and holidays!

I got a bug bite in July near my right breast. The bite healed and as I scratched off the last bit of skin I noticed a little bump beneath the skin. I mentioned it to my husband a my friend who is a nurse. Shortly after that I scheduled an appointment at a Breast Center for Women.

I had my first mammogram n the middle of July on a Friday (7/19).

Side note...they smoosh you in this machine and then tell you to stand still as if your going to go out to lunch or something! You have my boob with 500 pounds of pressure I'm not going anywhere!

They called me on Monday (7/22) and wanted to take more pictures (apparently I didn't smile) and so off I went. After the pictures they said I needed to stay and get an ultrasound. Did you know that everything looks like a baby? After the ultrasound they told me I needed a biopsy and I thought wow this is escalating quickly... Biopsy on Wednesday (7/24) and then the call from the doctor on Friday (7/26).

By the way I haven't been to the doctor in years, but in order to get test results you have to have one! So I went onto the hospitals website, looked at women's health professionals, female, English-speaking and choose the lady (Shauna ARNP) that looked nice!

Shauna called me in on Friday, gave me the news that I have cancer, hugged me and let me know that it's not a death sentence and that she is a survivor! She is also a believer!

I've decided by now if this is how 40 welcomes new comers I'm out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?