Thursday, September 5, 2013

...and They will be OFF!

After discovering that there is cancer in both breast I will have a bi-lateral mastectomy at the end of September along with reconstruction.

The cancer is small, it has been caught early, it is slow-growing, but aggressive. The concern is my age that I have probably had this a while which would put me in my mid 30's when it started to grow.

One measures less than a 1/2 inch and the other is .075 cm. There are already other areas on both breasts that will be watch spots so they are gone!

I am an extremist, but I am not doing this to be extreme! I believe that this is in the best interest of my health, my future and my family.

I am not sure why I am on this journey, but God knows, He cares and I know that He will bring me through and my testimony, my sense of humor and my journey will be used for his glory!

I've had a few lil' melt-downs (I am human), but I choose to look at the glass half full and find the humor in things that may bring others to tears.

I will fight
I will be strong
I will not be shaken - Building 429 song that I love!
I will serve the Lord
and
I will have new boobs for my 40th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?