Thursday, September 12, 2013

Anxious for everything

Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Matthew 6:27 NLT

The answer is no! 

I am a believer, I've seen God move, provide, be faithful and even heal. I've also seen others go through trials, deaths in their family, sickness, etc.
God is the same and he never promises a life without these things, what he has promised is to be there for us through all of this. 

My heart and my mind are pretty good with everything, but honestly I'm struggling with anxiety. Oh and did I mention my stomach? It's a wreck!

Our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made and right now mine is in fight or flight mode. It sets up defenses because of the unknown. 

It doesn't mean I don't trust God. 

I love the song by Building 429 "We Won't Be Shaken" it talks about trusting in God and not being moved by circumstance. My stomach may be irritated, I may get a flutter of anxiousness here and there, BUT I will trust God and I will not be moved!

Philippians 4:6, 7 MSG
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Traditions - Change?